Spring Summer 2018 Collection.
Jun Takahashi‘s contemporary menswear offshoot JohnUndercover returns this season with a graphic-heavy assemblage for the 2018 spring summer collection. The eye-catching range is comprised of statement pieces including outerwear, tops, bottoms, and accessories draped in a slew of distinct motifs. Key pieces in the collection span an elongated raincoat with a natural landscape graphic embellished on the front portion, a white button-down shirt featuring a thorny branch pictorial and a velour long coat, to name a few. The collection offers signature UNDERCOVER styling, detail, and quality with all items being designed and produced in Japan.
Shop the full range in-store at REIGN New York and online here.
In-depth Product Details & Information.
Read below for in-depth product details and information pertaining to standout pieces from the JohnUndercover Spring Summer 2018 collection.
- Cloud Graphic Trench – A standout piece in the collection. This true to fit sized trench coat combines Japanees tailoring with contemporary design, featuring cloud graphic on the front panel of the trench coat.
- Long Overcoat – Another standout piece, the long overcoat is constructed from a very soft cotton based Japanese fabric. Unconstructed, the overcoat features button closure and full belt for fitting.
- Striped Panel Denim Jacket – Probably the most intricate garment in the collection, the striped panel denim jacket is two garments in one. Combining shirt tailoring and a denim jacket, this item features two chest pockets and light pinstripe shirt detailing.
- Cosmic Psylence Tee – It would not be a full collection without signature UNDERCOVER t-shirt graphics. The comic tee is the seasonal graphic story in the collection and featured JohnUndercover branding. Constructed from high quality Japanese cotton.
- Cosmic Psylence L/S Tee - It would not be a full collection without signature UNDERCOVER t-shirt graphics. The comic tee is the seasonal graphic story in the collection and featured JohnUndercover branding. Constructed from high quality Japanese cotton. Available in long sleeve, in both white and black.
Jun Takahashi founded his Undercover label in 1993 and began showing in Paris in 2002. A member of Tokyo’s Team GIRA running club, the designer creates activewear lines for both men and women under the label Nike x Undercover Gyakusou, with the sportswear giant. Additionally Takahashi has collaborated with Uniqlo to create Uniqlo Undercover, since 2011. In its infancy Undercover was influenced by Punk, and ripped Ts and patched leather jackets were the mainstays of the collection. Today Takahasi’s aesthetic remains subversive, but is infused with a technicality and clarity lacking in early collections. Takahashi seeks to challenge preconceived notions both in his designs, and their presentation. The designer has staged shows with identical twins in almost identical clothing, created jackets with branches protruding from them and styled models with flower arrangements covering their faces. The designer does however have a practical side, he chose to shoot a lookbook in freezing temperatures to prove the effectiveness of his outerwear and many of his designs have eminently practical design features. JohnUndercover serves a contemporary offshoot line to his mainline namesake UNDERCOVER. A true diffusion line, the collection are all designed and produced in Japan.