The Spring Summer 2018 Collection.
With the release of their Spring Summer 2018 collection designers Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne have continued to push the boundaries of contemporary street style. This seasonal assortment offers a variety of edgy silhouettes ranging from seasonal outerwear, graphic t-shirts, sweaters, trousers, and shorts. With all products made in New York City, Public School stands by their New York roots, combining street style designs and elevated products.
Shop the full range in-store at REIGN New York and online here.
In-depth Product Details & Information.
Read below for in-depth product details and information pertaining to standout pieces from the Public School Spring Summer 2018 collection.
- Barrington Crew - Classic cotton crew neck sweater, featuring a seasonal graphic print, constructed with ribbed cuffs and collar. The graphic spells out "YOUTH" backwards providing a message which Public School firmly stands behind.
- Ras Pant - The Ras Pant features full-length side zipper detailing, allowing the leg of the pant to widen stylistically. The pant also features a jog type cuff and athletic waistband hit. Constructed in a slightly oversized baggy fit.
- Nesta Leather Jacket - This jacket is constructed from a bomber body and materialized with both full grain leather and nylon to create a blend of luxury and sportswear. The jacket features a color blocked upper, side zip pockets, and elastic waistline and cuffs.
- MK Jogger - The MK Jogger is a formal take on an antithetic silhouette. Narrow throughout, the bottoms fit more like a true trouser than athletic jogging pant. Featuring full side length stripe detailing, and dual string adjustable waistband.
- Leon Jacket - The Leon Jacket is constructed from a full premium water-resistant nylon fabrication, features trench detailing on the back and side, and dual Public School branded zippers.
- Gilham Tee - A light weight short sleeved pocket t-shirt for spring, the Gilham Tee combines light weight woven poplin with standard jersey for a material mix which bridges formal-wear and sportswear.
- Talenti Short - Available in both black and olive the Talenti Short is an ultra-light weight, polyester based short, perfect for the warmer months. The short features an athletic waistband, dual drawstring, and "YOUTH" graphic.
About Public School New York.
Street-savvy clothing line Public School is the brainchild of New York-born and bred designers, Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne. The pair have won two fashion prizes for their streetwear-infused menswear. Following their early success, they were tapped by Caroline Brown, the he chief executive of Donna Karan International, to take over as creative directors of DKNY; part of an effort to re-brand the iconic, but ailing label. Their tenure with the brand ended a year and a half later following a company sale and strategy changes. Growing up, both Chow and Osborne attended public school in New York City, and that had a huge influence on their lives. “At public school here, you could tell who groups of students were by what they wore,” Osborne explained, which ignited their interest in clothing. Chow grew up in Queens and studied at New York University. When he met Osborne, who was raised in Brooklyn, they both worked at Sean John, rapper P Diddy’s streetwear label. After participating in the CFDA’s Fashion Incubator program in 2010, the duo focused on moving 100 percent of production to New York. Originally a menswear label before extending into womenswear, Public School was launched in Spring 2008 with Barney's New York. But 2013 was a breakout year for the young brand, whose anti-prep, sharply tailored sportswear began to be noticed on the fashion radar. They took home the CFDA’s Menswear Designer of the Year award in June, and then nabbed the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund’s top honor in October, earning them a prize of $300,000.