REIGN NEW YORK
REIGN New York.
REIGN operates as a lifestyle brand and innovative retail establishment based in the West Village of New York City. The shop is an evolving platform of curated premium products consisting of menswear, footwear, and accessories. The physical store space stretches sixteen hundred interior square feet and holds a private outdoor courtyard of equal size. Shop design features include a ten-foot circular skylight, white washed brick walls, glass store front, and secret courtyard space accessible from the main ready to wear room. The brick and mortar location also feature an integrated sound and visual technology shopping system powered by Samsung electronics. REIGN is set to open its doors on October 20th at 11:00am EST and is located at 807 Washington Street, New York, NY, 10014.
Visit our vimeo page for an in-depth view of the space.
In-depth Shop Details & Information.
Read below for an in-depth brand list biography available at REIGN New York.
- A.P.C. - Founded in 1987 by Tunisian fashion designer Jean Touitou in Paris, A.P.C has built a reputation off of crafting garments that feature clean lines, and simple patterns. This minimalist approach has most notably been incorporated on designs heavily influenced by the characteristics of military garments, and most famously on the brands' raw denim selvage jeans. The general fit of A.P.C clothing comes from Touitou's distaste for the loose-fitting clothes of his contemporaries.
- Alexander Wang - Alexander Wang's first venture into the world of fashion started in 2004 after he dropped out of Parsons School of Design to start his own label, from the humble knitwear collection originally consisting of six unisex silhouettes Wang would grow to become one of the most influential designers of his era. Most notable for his athletic wear collections, Wang has confirmed that he has been heavily inspired by Competitive swimmers, Cyclists, and athletes in preparation for marathons.
- Casbia - Owner, and designer Manuel Bianchi has been using his independent footwear brand Casbia to represent an intersection of traditional, and modern technology to craft contemporary yet classic shoes. Entrenched in the dialogue of men's footwear tradition, and modern footwear culture, Bianchi reflects on his own aesthetic and lifestyle for his designs. Fusing Italian heritage and quality with clean-cut modern simplicity.
- Filling Pieces - In 2009 while studying architecture in Amsterdam designer Guillaume Philibert came to the realization that there weren't any premium high-quality sneakers available for a reasonable price. Recognizing both a challenge and an opportunity Guillaume began to design and form the brand Filling Pieces to bridge the gap between street-wear, and high-end fashion. Always ensuring the highest quality, and original designs every pair is handcrafted in Portugal using only the finest Italian materials.
- Homme Plisse Issey Miyake - With the development of Issey Miyake's unique pleating technique, HOMME PLISSÉ ISSEY MIYAKE began in 2013 as a brand providing contemporary menswear. Textiles with a wrinkle-proof, quick-drying base material are given pleats with a uniform width that will not cling to the skin. These clothes are light and easy to move in, low-maintenance and easy to carry around. Pleats are added after sewing with a "garment pleating" technique, and then additional sewing is done to create a three-dimensional structure in these garments that combine a beautiful form with functionality.
- Issey Miyake Men - Legendary Japanese designer Issey Miyake launched his menswear line in 1985. Issey Miyake Men, designed today by creative director Yusuke Takahashi, espouses the eponymous line's innovative spirit through his use of experimental textiles, featuring pleating and other textural techniques. Beyond this affinity for texture is a focus on bold graphic prints developed using unique processes, otherwise offering minimalist ready-to-wear as a framework for the delivery of avant-garde artistic statements.
- Juun.J - Launching his first label in 1999 "lone costume" Juun.J generated a huge cult following and was named one of the top 4 designers to watch by Asia Times. Fast forward to 2007 where he launched his namesake label during Paris Fashion Week to great acclaim. Juun.J's decidedly modern approach to design is rooted in his masterful knowledge of classic tailoring which he uses to challenge traditional ideas to create new silhouettes. Largely inspired by youth, and street culture, Juun.J aptly calls this "Street Tailoring."
- KENZO - Kenzo launched in 1970 as the brainchild of Japanese born Kenzo Takada. The look epitomizes "West meets East", merging fun prints with an ethnic vibe and textures to blend Kenzo's natural Japanese influences with Parisian culture. As of 2011 Opening Ceremony founders, Humberto Leon and Carol Lim were appointed as the new creative directors.
- McQ Alexander McQueen - Launched in 2006 as an advanced contemporary line streaming from Alexander McQueen mainline, McQ offers menswear, womenswear, and accessories with a casual, everyday ease, and a rebellious attitude. Since its inception McQ has always drawn inspiration from street culture, re-imagining the uniforms of London's subcultures for a modern wardrobe.
- New Balance - Founded in 1906 as the New Balance Arch Support Company by William J. Riley New Balance has gone on to maintain a presence as one of the world’s major athletic footwear manufacturers. With an aim of aiding athletes on their pursuit of excellence New Balance offers designs with the technology need to perform at a high level with the style, and aesthetic craved by athletes, and casual wearers alike.
- Public School - Drawing on a shared experience growing up in New York City, Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne launched Public School in 2008 with the goal of translating the city's energy and inspirations into fashion forward menswear. Their stints designing streetwear at Mecca, Ecko, and Sean John inform their current brand of tailored urban sportswear.
- R13 - R13, an elevated denim driven brand, debuted in 2009 out of New York City, offer products with unique design details, heavily influenced by authentic American traditions. Founder Chris Leba spent 19 years designing for Ralph Lauren and now finds himself bringing a relaxed yet chic spin on staples like jeans, t-shirts, and leather jackets for his own label.
- Raf Simons x Fred Perry - The collaboration between Raf Simons and Fred Perry has proven to be one of fashion’s most enduring relationships; lasting over eighteen seasons. Raf Simons focuses on reinterpreting classic pieces from the Fred Perry archive, mixing them with his focus on youth culture and minimalist influences. Simons explains that he has always been a fan of Fred Perry, “when I started out I focused on youth and subcultures, and Fred Perry was one of my many inspirations.”
- Rick Owens DRKSHDW - Los Angeles designer, Rick Owens, opened his eponymous label in 1994, creating asymmetrical dresses, sculptural t-shirts and signature super distressed leather jackets that inspired feverish devotion among celeb city clientele. His men's line, DRKSHDW, delivers pret-a-porter interpretations of his romantic brand of avant-garde rock couture.
- Stone Island Shadow Project - Founded in 2008 as a collaboration between company owner, and creative director Carlo Rivetti, and the design team of Michaela Sachenbacher, and Errolson Hugh also known as ACRONYM. Stone Island Shadow Project uses revolutionary treatments and textures, with high tech research on advanced fibers, to gather and create something luxurious and unique providing comfort, style, and performance.
- Tim Coppens - Tim Coppens is a Belgian designer operating out of New York City. After paying his dues working for menswear main stays such as Adidas and Ralph Lauren, he launched his own namesake label in 2011. Since then, Tim Coppens has been offering modern menswear staples with a luxurious twist.
Established in 2017, REIGN operates as a lifestyle brand and innovative retail establishment based in the West Village of New York City. The physical store space is an evolving platform of premium products consisting of menswear, footwear, and accessories. Our mission as a specialty boutique is to provide consumers with a best in class lifestyle shopping experience, offering an array of products from leading designer and contemporary brands. In addition to the physical store, and a curated third-party product offering, our mission is to develop the REIGN brand into a full-fledged multi-function lifestyle brand. REIGN was founded by Santino LoConte in partnership with Samsung Fashion Group.