The Spring Summer 2018 Collection.
Rick Owens first established his DRKSHDW label in 2016. The purpose of DRKSHDW was to create a secondary line geared toward a younger audience, offering more affordable prices while maintaining a signature design aesthetic, creating a true diffusion line. The Spring Summer 2018 collection offers a variety of new silhouettes ranging from hoodies, sweaters, t-shirts, tank tops, sweat pants, and shorts, all executed in a signature Rick Owens aesthetic.
Shop the full range in-store at REIGN New York and online here.
In-depth Product Details & Information.
Read below for in-depth product details and information pertaining to standout pieces from the Rick Owens DRKSHDW Spring Summer 2018 collection.
- Woven Pullover Hoodie - Slightly oversized and exceptionally elongated, the Woven Pullover is a mainstay staple in the DRKSHDW collection. Featured in black and materialized in an ultra-heavyweight cotton jersey.
- Gimp Hoodie - Slightly oversized and exceptionally elongated, the Gimp Hoodie is a mainstay staple in the DRKSHDW collection. Featured in a natural color and materialized in an ultra-heavyweight fleece, this hoodie features a full zip track throughout the front and back of the garment.
- Jason Hoodie - Long sleeve cotton fleece hoodie, this garment features multiple seasonal graphics placed on the front, side, and sleeve. Seasonal graphics are executed in a traditional Rick Owens style.
- Woven Drawstring Prisoner Pants - The Prisoner Pant is a mainstay in the Rick Owens DRKSHDW collection. Featured here in a slim fit, cotton lounge jersey material. Details include a drawstring waistband, four pocket styling detail, and button fly.
- Detroit Cut Jean - The Detroit Cut fits skinny throughout the waist and leg. Materialized in an all over heavy coated denim, these jeans are built to last. Details include five pocket styling, tonal black hardware, and tonal black stitching throughout.
About Rick Owens.
Richard Saturnino Owens, better known as Rick Owens, has turned his darkly glamorous, post-apocalyptic take on gothic grunge into a globally-renowned fashion business, built largely around his signature leather jackets. In addition to his main line, Owens has a furniture line and a number of diffusion lines, including DRKSHDW. Having dropped out of Otis College of Art and Design, Owens took a course in pattern cutting at Los Angeles’s Trade Technical College. A scarcity of work led to Owens accepting a position cutting patterns for illegal copies of designer clothing. In 1994 he began his own label, selling exclusively to Charles Gallay, one of LA’s hippest and most directional retailers. Owens broke into the highest echelons of the industry after French Vogue ran an image of Kate Moss wearing one of his leather jackets. Owens was able to utilize the momentum, with assistance from Anna Wintour and American Vogue; the publication sponsored his first show at New York Fashion Week’s Spring/Summer 2002 season. In 2002, Owens was appointed artistic director at Revillon, the French fur company that was founded in 1723. Working and producing in Europe led him to move from Los Angeles to Paris to show during the Paris collections. Owens continued to design for the house until 2007. Since, Rick Owens has focused on his namesake label and held major collaborations with global brands including Adidas and Birkenstock.